The Jowett Bradford 4-light van was produced between 1946 and 1953 by Jowett Cars Ltd of Bradford, and was based on the pre-war Jowett Eight.
FOR FULL DETAILS PLEASE SEE BELOW
The Jowett Bradford Estate was produced between 1947 and 1953 by Jowett Cars Ltd of Bradford, and was based on the pre-war Jowett Eight.
The Jowett Bradford was the first Jowett re-introduced after World War 2, and although basic, its economy and free availability went down well in postwar Britain. When The Motor magazine tested the Bradford in 1952 they reported a respectable top speed of 53mph and fuel consumption of 35mpg.
This is the later version of the engine which produced 25bhp, and the 1005cc side-valve flat twin-cylinder engine ticks along nicely, with the 3-speed synchromesh gearbox delivering solid gear changes. The 10-inch Girling drum brakes were another nice feature.