The Jowett Bradford Estate was produced between 1947 and 1953 by Jowett Cars Ltd of Bradford, and was based on the pre-war Jowett Eight.
The Jowett Bradford was the first Jowett re-introduced after World War 2, and although basic, its economy and free availability went down well in postwar Britain. When The Motor magazine tested the Bradford in 1952 they reported a respectable top speed of 53mph and fuel consumption of 35mpg.
This is the later version of the engine which produced 25bhp, and the 1005cc side-valve flat twin-cylinder engine ticks along nicely, with the 3-speed synchromesh gearbox delivering solid gear changes. The 10-inch Girling drum brakes were another nice feature.